Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Introduction

Welcome to the blog!

I write fiction and I don't really have a genre. My imagination is all over the place. I grew up coming from a family of musicians and have been writing since I was fourteen. I completed my first novel at around sixteen or seventeen, hand writing in notebooks. When I finally bought a computer when I went to college, I started seriously editing it and rewriting it. I had written quite a bit when I had a computer issue and when my ex boyfriend tried to fix it, he fried my hard drive. I had a backup on floppy disk (I'm old), but my brother had apparently brought home a corrupted floppy from school, which messed up my floppy and I lost everything I had done.

I started over with some more serious editing and rewriting. I started a second and third novel. College got a little crazy as I majored in art related fields and had several labs that required me to spend most of my waking hours and some of my sleeping hours at school.

Then life happened and I picked up composing after working with a composer on a project. I focused on that for a little while and picked up a new instrument.

About 3 months ago, I got a bug up my butt to start writing again and have written over 600 pages between 2 novels. If I get stuck on 1, I move on to the other. They are both totally different, so if I'm stuck on one, I can generally write on the other.

I'm about finished rewriting the one I started at 14, then will start seriously editing and looking at publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment